The Ontario Home Builders’ Association (OHBA) has announced the 2018 Awards of Distinction finalists in 41 categories that showcase excellence in building, design, professional renovation, and sales and marketing.
The entries will be judged by a panel of industry professionals from across Canada and the winners announced at the association’s conference, to be held September 25 in Ottawa. The OHBA will also announce the winner of the 2018 Ontario Home Builder of the Year award to a company that exemplifies outstanding professionalism and integrity within their business, industry and community.
Finalists in that category are Tridel – BILD, Great Gulf – BILD/Durham Region HBA and MMinto Communities – BILD/Greater Ottawa HBA. Finalists for the 2018 Ontario Renovator of the Year award are Amsted Design-Build – Greater Ottawa HBA, Lagois Design Build Renovate – Greater Ottawa HBA and OakWood – Greater Ottawa HBA.
Until Friday, Aug. 24, the public also has a chance to vote online for their favourite project and help decide who wins the 2018 People’s Choice Award – vote online! People’s Choice Award contenders are the top finalists in Project of the Year Low-Rise, and Project of the Year High or Mid-Rise awards categories:
• Geranium, Friday Harbour, Innisfil (credit to: The Brand Factory)
• HIP Developments, The Gaslight District, Cambridge (credit to: Orchard Design Studio)
• Minto Communities, Glen Agar, Etobicoke (credit to: Montana Steele Advertising, NAK Design Group, RN Design Ltd.)
• Mizrahi Developments, The One, Toronto (credit to: Foster + Partners, Gluckstein Design)
• North Drive Investments Inc., One Forest Hill, Toronto (credit to: Gluckstein Design, kg&a, Richard Wengle Architect, Inc., The Walsh Group/Printserver Inc.)
• Paradise Developments, High Point, Brampton (credit to: Ryan Design International)
“This year, we’ve seen the rise of #homebelievers in Ontario – that is, government, builders, renovators and local champions rallying around the great Canadian dream of home ownership,” says OHBA President Pierre Dufresne. “The OHBA Awards of Distinction has always celebrated that dream by recognizing excellence in homebuilding, professional renovation, and sales and marketing; all of these efforts which lead to more housing supply and choice in communities across Ontario.”
The OHBA is the voice of the residential construction industry in Ontario, representing 4,000 member companies organized into 29 local associations across the province. The complete list of finalists is available at ohbaaod.ca.
The large picture is of The One and the smaller picture is of One Forest Hill. Both are among this year’s finalists in the People’s Choice Awards. Images from the Ontario Home Builders’ Association.