The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an investment fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
– Between 2011 and 2015, a man represented himself as independent successful foreign exchange currency trader
– he owned a company called “World of Forex Corp” that was never registered to invest
It is further alleged that:
– a then 32-year-old man invested $395,000 US dollars
– the agreements were never fulfilled
On Thursday, February 28, 2019, Seyed Mohammadali Nojoumi, 39, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Fraud over $5,000
2. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West, on Thursday, April 11, 2019, 1 p.m., room 301.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).