Grab your running shoes and take advantage of Free Ride Wednesdays in September.
Thanks to the new Bike Share Toronto – CAA South Central Ontario partnership, Bike Share Toronto riders will ride for free every Wednesday in the month of September. Riders can take out a bike for up to 30 minutes, return the bike to any station, and take out another bike for an additional free 30-minute ride.
Bike Share also launched the pedal assist electric-bike (e-bike) pilot program, announced earlier this summer as a new feature of Bike Share Toronto’s 2020 expansion. E-bike charging stations will be able to charge 20-25 bikes at each station.
The e-bikes will allow users to travel a maximum of 25 kilometers and can travel up to 70 kilometers without requiring a charge. E-bike charging stations are fully compatible with the rest of the bike share system, allowing both manual bikes and e-bikes to be docked in any station. E-bikes will be picked up by operators throughout the date to ensure that they are being charged for the next day. Once the e-bikes are charged, operators will leave them at one of the 10 e-bike charging stations across the city. There is no additional cost to use the pedal assist electric bicycles (e-bikes) on Wednesdays in September.
In an effort to prioritize health and safety, Bike Share Toronto has ramped up its cleaning program during the COVID-19 crisis. As bikes are regularly in use and exposed to the environment, Bike Share continues to strongly recommend that riders take the steps outlined in the City of Toronto’s COVID-19 Health Advisory when using the system. The best way to prevent infection is to follow the recommended personal hygiene measures by cleaning your bike before use.
Take advantage of Bike Share Toronto’s Free Ride Wednesdays in September.
- Download the PBSC/CycleFinder app or visit the Bike Share Toronto website to find a station near you.
- Go to any of the 625 bike share stations between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on one of the five Wednesdays in September.
- Select “Buy a pass” on the kiosk touch screen and select “$0 One-Day”, then insert your credit card and follow the on-screen instructions. You can also obtain your pass on Transit or PBSC/CycleFinder by selecting “Purchase Access Pass” on the apps. There is a refundable $20 deposit per bike.
- After completing the transaction, type in the code you received into the keypad on the left side of the docking point of the bike of your choice.
- Go out and explore Toronto for up to 30 minutes. Fees will apply if ride is over the allotted 30 minutes.
- Return your bike to any station.
- Take out another bike for a free 30-minute ride as many times as you like.
Riders can buy a 24-hour day pass for $7, and have it all day without overage charges, (provided it is docked every 30 minutes), or purchase the single fare for 3.25 plus tax.
Learn more about Free Ride Wednesdays at bikesharetoronto.com .